Friday, November 09, 2007

Geometrics by Ruthie Marks


This is a neat book. Ruthie Marks uses geometry principles to create some really interesting patterns.The book focuses on three geometric principles, dragon curves, golden ratio, and fibonacci sequence. And if, like me, your comprehension of these principles is a little rusty, there's an understandable explanation of each one.

But I have to admit that it was the star afghan on the cover that caught my eye. It is an example of the golden ration and is worked entirely in front post double crochet which gives the blanket a very smooth appearance.

Geometrics includes a wide range of patterns - scarfs, rugs, afghans, wall-hangings and pillows. There's one shawl pattern in the section of dragon curves.

I plan to adapt one of the rug patterns to a blanket for my hubby as soon as I can buy the yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need to see a picture on what is a angle point