Monday, November 12, 2007

Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan

I love Doris Chan's patterns! I'll thumb through a magazine, find a pattern I like, look for the designer's name, and, of course, it will be -- Doris Chan. This happens quite often. She just seems to design things exactly the way I like them.

That's why when this book showed up in my local Border's, I didn't have to think twice about buying it. I knew I would like the patterns and I was right.

Now I haven't actually had a chance to make anything from Amazing Crochet Lace yet, but it is one of my frequently browsed-thru books.

A.C.L. contains 19 patterns. There are dresses, vests, shawls, jackets, and shrugs. The Rissa Robe made with Microfiber Ribbon is one that I do hope to make sometime next year.

The book is geared towards crocheters with a bit of experience. But a determined beginner should have no problems working through the patterns. And as a bonus, the patterns seem to be correct. The published errata, which is found here, is very short.

No comments: