Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More about the Sunflower Afghan

Perhaps the most popular thing I've made is the Sunflower Afghan. I'm still getting comments and emails about it!! It is gorgeous and challenging and is one of the few blankets I've made and kept.
So here are answers to what I get asked most often:

1. As far as I can determine, the pattern is available only in the kit from Mary Maxim. I have seen one copy for sell on eBay.

2. I am not interested in selling my pattern at this time. I plan to make use the center motif to make a large circular afghan one day. I also am a BIG Supporter of crochet designers and their copyright. I will not make you a copy of the pattern and email it to you. (That would also be illegal)

3. The yarn I got in the kit was Red Heart Super Saver.

4. Here is my version of the errata for this pattern. (Thanks to Rita for the Rnd 12 point directions, because I forgot to write down what I did there.)

Sunflower Motif B:

Rnd 9: Join Color 2 with sl st in any ch-2 sp, ch 1, 2 sc in same sp,...

Rnd 12: Join MC with sl st in last st worked, ch 1, sc in same stitch, sc in each of first 4 sts, …
Also the directions for the point on Round 12 are incorrect. It should read “dc in each of next 6 sc, (dc, ch 3, dc) in ch-2 space, dc in each of next 6 sc, …”

Rnd 13: Join Color 1 with sl st in first st worked,…

Rnd 14: Join Color 4 with sl st in next ch-2 sp, 2 sc in same sp, …

Rnd 15: Join Color 2 with sl st in last ch-1 sp worked, ch 1, 2 sc in same sp,…
Rnd 17: Join MC with sl st in first st worked, …

And that's about it. I do thank you all for the comments and emails. Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

No comments: