Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Time for a new mop!

Let's just file this under weird stuff.

Now I'll be the first to admit that my mop was getting old and needed to be replaced. But still, every week or so I would pull it out, mop up my kitchen floor, and then hang it outside to dry. That is, I did until I stepped out early the other morning to find that some kind of weird alien fungi had taken up residence among the strands of mop fiber. Looking for all the world like wee little satellite dishes, three tiny grey mushrooms were peeking up skyward from the mop head. I got hubby to snap this picture (which you can click on if you must have a better view). The growths disappeared once the sun came out but I'm not taking any chances. I now own a new mop and the infested one has been retired.

So, what's the weirdest thing you've seen this week?

No comments: