Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rolled Brim Hats


Well, it is starting to get a bit chilly here so I made hats for hubby and me. I found the pattern on Ravelry. You can find it here.

The hats are made with Galway worsted yarn. Mine's the blue one, hubby picked out the tan yarn for his.

I followed the pattern working the hat part as a spiral but I changed to rows for the brims. That gives the stitches in the brim a slightly different look. (And since you can't really see that too well on the photo, you'll just have to trust me that there is a difference.) Hubby wanted a wider brim so I worked two extra rows on his.

Quick, easy projects like this are great to do, especially when I have another large project going. And the status of the Christmas tree skirt? I've got 2 of 9 triangles done and sewn together. A third triangle is in progress. I'll post a picture at the half-way point.

No comments: